Translate

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Number Jewelry!

After doing all the letter bracelets, the students have gotten use to the process of the activity. When we started doing the letter bracelets you noticed that I place a circle in the middle---that is to tell the students how much glue to place on it. To fill in that circle. I still had some students drop a lot more glue that what I had instructed, but the students understood what to do. Also, I told them that if they had place a lot more glue on it, they will have to count to 1000. This was fun! Some of my students' eyes were precious! But I think, they are learning the relationship with the counting to 100 to wait for the glue to dry. So eventually they will know that counting to 1000 means they placed a lot of glue in their bracelets!

After we have been making all those letter bracelets in Spanish and in English, now we are making number bracelets. One of the Common Core Standards is to compose and decompose a number. Also, we need to learn to represent that number in different ways. We use rekenreks, and now the Bracelet Literacy is taking over my classroom.

We are starting to make number bracelets by sorting and matching all the different number representations in one bracelet. After all the practice, my students are really able to do it independently. So I am placing this as a Math Center in my classroom.

Check out the Math Bracelets, by the way they are bilingual!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Number-Bracelets-1518233

Thank you for stopping by!










No comments:

Post a Comment