Translate

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Preschool

As I am getting ready for back to school, I always have to consider whether some of my incoming kindergarteners had preschool or now in California the Transitional kindergarten.
So I always have a differentiated version of some of my core activities for vocabulary and concept development.
So I want to share the Pre-School Book I have for the back to school. Here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Free-Back-to-School-Pre-K-Book-1366161 
I combined this book with my kinder book, here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Free-Back-to-School-Booklet-Spanish-English-1347760 and I have extra pages. I have had on occasion or two when a students does not want to draw anything at all, or sketch. So I give the student a "My mom" page and I have success. The student does draw their mom. Moms are incredible!
Another concept I like to teach is the difference between what is an sketch and a drawing. I use this knowledge when we are doing Writers Workshop.
I am going to switch languages on you. Please use the translator in top of the page to pick your language of choice.

Ahhh! A veces, al final del día ya no puedo pensar mas en Ingles. Tengo que hablar en Español.  Estaba diciendoles que les enseño a los estudiantes la diferencia de un croquis y un dibujo. Cuando empiezo el Taller de Escritores enfatizo que hagan un croquis. De esta manera, pueden pasar mas tiempo pensando lo que van a escribir, y mas que nada es el ahorro del tiempo. El Taller lo empiezo por 30 minutos y luego le voy añadiendo de 5 a 10 minutos mas, conforme van incrementando el vigor de la escritura.

No comments:

Post a Comment